Thursday, August 8, 2013

Word Wall WHIZ Kids and a FREEBIE!

Today is officially my last day in Hawaii, but it has been an incredible summer for my husband and I! We have been here since the beginning of June for my husband's medical school rotations and now it is back to Maryland to get school prepping. AAH!! I am not looking forward to my early morning alarm clock, but can't wait to meet my new firsties! In between beach time and turtle snorkeling, I've been busy getting things ready, doing my online orders and spending TONS of time on TPT... my wishlist is FULL!

I'm super thrilled with my new TPT product because I've been thinking about it all year long.. yes it's true! On our first grade team, we introduce four new word wall words each week and allow plenty of time for mastery of these words during morning work time, centers, and homework. All year I thought about a consistent group of activities for our firsties to do weekly that will help them to become word wall WHIZ kids! It is finally here! Included in this product are three weeks of kindergarten review words and an entire year's worth of first grade word wall words. There are four activities that are to be repeated weekly and a few generic center or morning work activities at the end.



Click on the pictures above to help your firsties become word wall WHIZ kids!

My firsties LOVE the WHIZ kids game! We use this as an early finishers game at the word work center to practice reading our word wall words. Collect the most cards by the end of the game to be the WHIZ kid winner! Click on the picture below to download the freebie and start playing!



No comments:

Post a Comment